Have you ever been faced with an industry question that needs clarification and you just didn't know where to turn? We receive calls all the time like this so we have compiled a list of the Top most asked questions and answers to those questions. Don't see the Q & A that you need? Ok then, ask one of our industry experts. They will provide as much direction and advice as they can.1. Do I need a hard wired land line phone in my vacation rental unit? While it is not a state requirement, it is highly recommended that all units be furnished with a land line or device that can be detected by 911 operators for emergency purposes. This limits your legal exposure and also liability.
4. Local, state and County Licensing? Unless you are an airbnb host/manager you will need to remit sales and use taxes in Florida for the state and county. airbnb hosts/managers please note, all airbnb listings automatically collect state sales tax but may not collect and remit the county tax unless airbnb has an agreement to do so with that county. Check here under the Florida link to see that status. airbnb tax collection.
5. Tax collection and remission? In Florida each county is different. You must remit the proper state and local tax documents and payments. Florida Statewide TDT
6. Insurance considerations for vacation rentals? VRM Tips Insurance.pdf
7. What are vacation rental requirements about service dogs? State and National requirements exist. Service animals
8. What set of state rules that govern vacation rentals? Chapter 509, Vacation Rentals
9. Do a quick lookup of your rental address to determine requirements for taxes and licenses. Lookup Here
Ask an expert.
This is a free service of Florida VRMA and professionals involved in the industry. Submit a specific email question to our experts and they will respond within 24 hours.
Click the links below to email and expert:
Download The Owner/Manager Checklist. Step By Step List of Compliance Points.
Vacation Rental Manager Common Questions (Coming Soon!)